Happy New Year! I’m well aware that it’s been a very long time since my last post, 2015 was pretty busy!
It’s a new year and I’m hoping that 2016 is just as creative as 2015, if not more. This year, instead of resolutions, I’m making some creative pledges to myself:
- Make more for me. I love making handmade presents for my nearest and dearest, but I need to be better at making things for myself. When I write this, I can almost hear the box of patterns lurking in the corner, crying out for me to do something with them! So this year, I’ll be trying to make more things for myself.
- Make more for the men in my life. Specifically the husband. He’s been incredibly supportive of my crafting adventures, including coming along on some workshops, so it’s about time I rewarded him with something. A Liberty print tie has been mentioned more than once, so I’ll be adding it to the to-do list.
- Try new things. I tend to revert to my trusty crafts, so this year I’d like to branch out and try something new. First on the cards is some modern calligraphy.
- Blog more. I started the blog last year, and initially posted a lot. But then real life got in the way. I’ve bought a ticket to Blogtacular 2016 and am hoping that will help me improve my blog.
- Socialise with more creative folk. I had a fab time at my local Make and Meets last year, and will continue to attend those. But I’m going to try and socialise even more with like-minded creatives this year, be that through social media or real life.
I’ll be using the blog to document my progress against my pledge for the coming year. I’m hoping that 2016 is a year filled with creativity.
Happy New Year!