Yay! It’s Spring! I’m loving the long sunny days (even if I am still wearing my Winter coat), and the fact that it’s still light in the evening. I’ve been trying to make the most of the lovely sunny light and taking lots of photos for my Instagram and blog, including some of my Lucky Dip Club goodies.
Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while, or following me on Instagram, will know that I’m a big fan of Lucky Dip Club! I’ve now been a subscriber for a full year and thought it was time for another round-up of the latest boxes.
There have been three boxes so far this year, Donut Dinerette, Galentines, and Bunnyland. Safe to say, they have all been awesome! I always have a fear with subscription boxes that after a while they will get boring, and I’ll end up with a load of stuff I won’t actually use. However, I’ve been really happy with the LDC boxes to date, if there are things which are not really me, I can often think of someone else who will love it.
My Favourite Items
I rate a lot of what has been included in this year’s boxes, but if I had to pick my favourites, it would have to be these:
- Pony People Bunny Pass Case. Definitely the most useful item out of all of the boxes. I commute every day and always keep my bus pass in a case, this will replace my existing one which has seen better days!
- ‘Girl Gang’ pin badge. I’d seen some pictures of these on Instagram, and really hoped that I’d get a turquoise one, so was over the moon when I opened my box in January. This currently sits on my desk next to my computer.
- Bunny badge. There’s a theme here, I’m liking the badges! The Bunnyland box arrived just in time for the Easter weekend, and I wore my bunny badge non-stop. I received lots of compliments on this one, including from my almost-two year old niece, who kept pointing at it and exclaiming ‘Bunny’ with a big smile on her face. Definitely a winner.
- ‘Donut Forget’ magnetic whiteboard. Earlier this year, I made some creative pledges, and I’m using my whiteboard from January’s box to make sure that I don’t forget them. I love the fact that the board is magnetic, I’ve used this to brighten up a metal trolley in my craft room.
- Glitter ‘girls’ banner. This was a DIY kit from the Galentines box, the colours are wonderful and the glitter paper doesn’t shed (hurrah!). Not the most challenging make, but the end product is just lovely.
One of the things I love about this year’s boxes is the introduction of Girl Planet, a magazine exclusively for subscribers. When this was first announced last year, I contacted Leona with some ideas, and she asked me to write an article. For those of you who don’t subscribe, my article focused on why you should buy independent.
Seeing my work in print was amazing and I’ve had a fantastic response to my article. I was lucky enough to share a page spread with an Easter DIY from Claireabellemakes, whose blog I have been reading for some time. Being in the same publication with other creatives whose work I love, is equally exciting and terrifying!
I want to say a huge thank you to the wonderful Zabby Allen for all her help with my article. She was there every step of the way to provide help and guidance. Girl Planet is a fantastic magazine, and she is doing an amazing job as Editor. I can’t wait to read future episodes.
April’s box is breakfast themed, and I can’t wait to see what it holds. The next box has already sold out, but if you want to become a subscriber, set your alarms for 7am on the first of every month and get on the Lucky Dip Club website.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend,